Latest News

Are You Ready For Some Football?!

Thursday, September 10, 2009 , Posted by The Law at 9:18 AM


It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I got my beer chilling in the fridge, my taco dip ingredients, two bags of tortilla chips, my laptop for fantasy football, and of course, Vicks sore throat relief for my excessively loud cheering! The beginning of each season is so exciting. Every team makes numerous upgrades and each fan thinks that upgrade is the one to take them to the Promised Land. I can’t help but think the Jets will have a good year because one of the trouble spots in our game has finally been addressed: DEFENSE! Now, we’ve had a great defensive core for a few seasons. With Rex Ryan at the helm however, the Defense will be flying around making big plays when it counts. They are bigger and stronger and faster than ever before. Looking at the 1st team defense vs. the Giants is week 3 of the preseason, I couldn’t help but be impressed that despite a few broken tackles, they were by and large able to hold the Giants only to field goals in the red zone. The Giants offense ain’t no slouch either…

Mark Sanchez is ready to go. A lot of people don’t have faith in him, but Mark has a great supporting cast. He has in my opinion, one of the top offensive lines in the AFC protecting him. He has Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, and Shonn Greene in the backfield to get the tough yards on the ground and help open up the playbook for Sanchez. Plus, he has a quarterback’s poise. Very cool, calm, and collected. A young quarterback I watched a few years ago by the name of Trent Edwards possessed similar qualities. When I saw him in preseason, I told my buddy who is a diehard Bills fan “that’s your guy… he’s calm in the pocket, smart, and makes great decisions.” A half season later JP Lossman lost his job. I think I have a good eye for the rookie QBs. I feel confident about our guy. Then you have the intangibles. New coach who is very well liked, new face of New York in Mark Sanchez, last season in an historic venue, super excited fan base – you have all the makings of positive chi!

While every fan thinks this year is their year, myself included, I think we do indeed have the tools to do well. We’ll soon see with our first test against the Texans. I’m ready to start the season undefeated! So as we take to the field vicariously from our living rooms and bars across America, let us, in full Gang Green spirit chant our battle cry, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment